Who Can Donate
Subject to applicable election laws and provisions of the Progress4VA1 Operating Agreement, contributions may be accepted from any individual, organization, corporation, labor organization or other entity not otherwise prohibited by federal or state law or as set forth below. Contributions will be accepted only if made voluntarily and will not be accepted if secured by physical force, job discrimination, financial reprisals, the threat of any of the foregoing, or if required as a condition of employment.
The Progress4VA1 Executive Board, in its sole and absolute discretion, may refuse to accept any contribution made to Progress4VA1. Contributions received by Progress4VA1 will not be accepted if:
- The contributor is not a citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States.
- The entity is prohibited from making contributions or expenditures in connection with Federal, Virginia state, or local elections.
- The contributor does not supply information sufficient to enable Progress4VA1 to comply with the record keeping and reporting requirements of the Federal Election Commission, the Virginia Election Code, or other applicable laws.
- Acceptance would in any way cause Progress4VA1 to be in violation of Federal Election Law, Virginia Election Code, or other applicable laws.
- Made using cash or currency, regardless of the amount. A contribution will only be accepted online or in the form of a personal check, money order or other written negotiable instrument.
Contributors to Progress4VA1 will not have any property rights to the funds and monies donated, held and distributed by Progress4VA1. Also, nothing herein prohibits members of Progress4VA1 from making contributions to any political candidate of their choosing.