Progress4VA1 is an independent expenditure only political action committee (PAC) registered with the Federal Election Commission and Virginia Department of Elections, and affiliated with the Stafford Indivisible Community Action Network (Stafford Indivisible CAN or SICAN), a local, grassroots organization energized by volunteer activists from the Stafford, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania and King George area.
Stafford Indivisible CAN is a progressive “Indivisible” organization for concerned citizens in the Stafford County, Virginia, area. SICAN members organize town halls and candidate forums, speak at Stafford County government meetings, attend protests and marches, send press releases to the media, write letters to the editor, write postcards, make phone calls to politicians and leaders, follow the national Indivisible plan, volunteer for progressive candidates, register new voters, discuss issues, fight for social justice and so much more.
Our SICAN group agrees with these three Indivisible principles:
- Resist Trump’s agenda. We believe Trump’s agenda is racist, authoritarian, and corrupt, and it must be stopped.
- Focus on local, defensive congressional advocacy. We demand that our own local Members of Congress serve as our voice in Washington, DC.
- Embrace progressive values. We model inclusion, respect, and fairness in all of our actions.
Progress4VA1 shares the vision and values of SICAN and is dedicated to helping improve the lives of Virginia residents by advocating for progressive policies that will make the Rappahannock region a better place to live, work and raise a family.
To achieve our vision we need to elect candidates who advocate for progressive policies that promote a safe and secure environment, economic opportunity, excellent schools, sustainably managed economic growth and development, appropriate infrastructure development, and a culture of mutual respect, responsibility and support. Progress4VA1 will support the nomination and election of progressive candidates to federal, Virginia state, and local offices who support those indicated objectives. Progress4VA1 will operate exclusively for the following purposes:
- Receiving and accepting contributions in accordance with election laws and the Progress4VA1 Operating Agreement
- Making distributions to promote the nomination or election of candidates to federal, Virginia state, and local elective public office in accordance with election laws and the Progress4VA1 Operating Agreement
- To engage in such other activities as is permitted by the applicable provisions of Federal Election law and the Virginia Election Code.